DURATION OF THE B.Ed PROGRAMME:
The B.Ed. programme shall be for duration of two academic years consisting of 200 working days (36 hours in a week- 5 or 6 days in a week) each year, excluding the period of examination and admission.
The B.Ed programme will consist of Theory courses in ‘Perspectives in Education’, and ‘Curriculum and Pedagogic Studies’ along with ‘Engagement with the Field’ as practical component.
COURSES IN PERSPECTIVES IN EDUCATION:
- Course 1 : Childhood and Growing up
- Course 2 : Contemporary India and Education
- Course 3 : Learning and Teaching
- Course 6 : Gender, School and Society (1/2 Course)
- Course 8 : Knowledge and Curriculum
- Course 10 : Creating an Inclusive School (1/2 Course)
COURSES IN CURRICULUM AND PEDAGOGIC STUDIES:
- Course 4 : Language across the Curriculum (1/2 Course)
- Course 5 : Understanding Disciplines and Subjects (1/2 Course)
- Course 7 (a & b): Pedagogy of a School Subject (1/2 Course)
- Course 9 : Assessment for Learning
- Course 11 : Optional Course (1/2 Course)
ENGAGEMENT WITH THE FIELD - THE SELF, THE CHILD, COMMUNITY AND SCHOOL:
This curricular area would have three components:
- 1. Tasks and Assignments that run through all the courses as indicated in the year wise distribution of the syllabus.
- 2. School Internship.
- 3. Courses on Enhancing Professional Capacities (EPC):
- Course EPC 1: Reading and Reflecting on Texts (1/2 Course)
- Course EPC 2: Drama and Art in Education (1/2 Course)
- Course EPC 3: Critical Understanding of ICT (1/2 Course)
- Course EPC 4: Understanding the Self (1/2 Course)